file Frage Reversing camera

Mehr
28 Okt 2021 00:40 - 28 Okt 2021 00:55 #8761 von Ian540
Reversing camera wurde erstellt von Ian540
Hi, our 540 did not  have a reversing camera or the wiring for a rear view camera preinstalled. The parking sensors are good but I also wanted a rear camera to help parking. I looked at a few options and in the end went for an Autovox V5  system from Amazon. This has a monitor with a built in dash cam that clips to the interior mirror and a wired rear camera. Our 540 did not come with an interior mirror either, so I had to  buy an OEM mirror too!. The rear camera gets its power from the video cable and does no't need wiring to the rear lights. This means it can be viewed all the time and act as a rear view mirror too (to some extent). I plugged the monitor itself into the 12v socket above the table. I have been able to route 99. 9% of the cable behind the headlining, behind the overhead locker, and behind plastic/rubber trim around the left door. The cable to the rear goes under the left door step trim, though an existing hole in the step and under the van (in conduit) and re-enters the van through  a hole under the corner. I then took it into the rear door through the existing cable 'hinge' and then through an existing hole behind the number plate. Removing trim etc was more straightforward than I'd expected, and I'm really pleased with how it all looks. 
Anhänge:
Letzte Änderung: 28 Okt 2021 00:55 von Ian540.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Miguel, GandalfMZ

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Okt 2021 11:19 #8763 von ychsel
ychsel antwortete auf Reversing camera
Congratulations. The wiring is really a pain but is seems you found a good way. Looks nice.

Axel, Columbus 540D AD, 150PS Bj 2018, Markise, 100W Solar, 176AH LiFePo, 16" Alufelgen, Nokian AT, SMV Luftfederung hinten, verstärkte Federn vorn, BioToi Trockentrenntoilette, ATOTO S8 mit Rückfahrkamera

Mehr
28 Okt 2021 12:29 #8769 von Ian540
Ian540 antwortete auf Reversing camera
Thanks Ychsel.

The next job is upgrading the radio and fitting a DAB airial. Still like the Atoto, but waiting for Black Friday deals! I might need to get some fitting advice from you if you don't mind. 

• Miguel
  • Miguels Avatar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Amundsen 600E (2020) „ZECHY“
Mehr
29 Okt 2021 00:14 #8774 von Miguel
Miguel antwortete auf Reversing camera
Thanks for the description. I bought the X1 Pro rear camera which is already a rear mirror with some adaptors, one of them fitting to the Ducato rear mirror fitting which was available below the plastic cover as our Amundsen did not have a classic rear mirror.
I described it in the forum somewhere and I am happy with this solution.

Victron Smart Solar, Shunt, Orion Booster; Votronic Standby Charger; BOS LE 300 LiFePO4; Ramto Felgen mit 17’’ Allwetter Conti; Android Radio und Gladen One165, X1 Pro Rückspiegel; AMG AlarmTab; Night Breaker LED

Mehr
29 Okt 2021 16:50 #8775 von Ian540
Ian540 antwortete auf Reversing camera
Hi Miguel. Yes same here, removing the plastic rain sensor cover exposed the hexagonal nut. To be honest fitting the replacement mirror to the nut was probably the hardest part of the install!! 

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.240 Sekunden