file Frage CJC Boiler

• michaelcapstick@netscape.net
  • michaelcapstick@netscape.nets Avatar Autor
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
30 Mai 2022 16:05 - 30 Mai 2022 16:21 #9762 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
CJC Boiler wurde erstellt von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
I have an ELGENA Type KB 3 boiler. At present, it is not heating the water. When first running the water tap, the water is luke-warm for a few seconds before turning cold. The switch has been in the ON position for over 30 minutes. There is a light on the boiler. The water flow rate seems normal. Power is supplied via the 240V hook-up. I would be grateful for any ideas.
Letzte Änderung: 30 Mai 2022 16:21 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net. Grund: Boiler model change

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Ursel
  • Ursels Avatar
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Club Joker City-Besitzerin seit September 2017
Mehr
30 Mai 2022 17:23 #9763 von Ursel
Ursel antwortete auf CJC Boiler
I recommend that you plan for a heating time at least for an hour, rather even longer. It takes so long for the 3l to really get hot. It consumes really much energy so it is only recommended when you have external electricity.
When we don't, we heat the water we need to do the dishes with gas.
Ursel 

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
30 Mai 2022 19:32 #9764 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
michaelcapstick@netscape.net antwortete auf CJC Boiler
Thanks Ursel, I can confirm that the electric model is 12V - 200W. I will try a longer heating duration as you suggest. Kind Regards, Michael

Mehr
31 Mai 2022 11:46 #9767 von 4x4tripping
4x4tripping antwortete auf CJC Boiler
If you run the boiler extended, for 2 hours at example (we often use always on, so we have no "exact" values) - you can get easily 6-7 liter hot water out of it.

Because the hot water has to get mixed and because the boiler is already hot. There is also a "3 stage" switch on the boiler itself, if I remember right. 

We have 390W Solar on the roof, so we had not to care about the power usage of the boiler.

trippin 

Rund um das Thema Weltreise(n) als Selbstfahrer:
EN vanlife.4x4tripping.com/ DE www.4x4tripping.com

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
31 Mai 2022 14:22 #9768 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
michaelcapstick@netscape.net antwortete auf CJC Boiler
Thanks Trippin. From an energy balance, I calculated that based on 200W electrical heating at 100 percent heating efficiency, it will take 63 seconds to raise the temperature by one degree Celsius for the 3 litre capacity. The heating duration depends on the initial and desired final temperature. On the test I undertook this morning, I left the boiler on for 1.5 hours at the highest heating setting. It didn't reach set-point but the water temperature from the tap was too hot to touch. Kind Regards, Michael

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.257 Sekunden