file Frage CJC Boiler

• michaelcapstick@netscape.net
  • michaelcapstick@netscape.nets Avatar Autor
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
30 Mai 2022 16:05 - 30 Mai 2022 16:21 #9762 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
CJC Boiler wurde erstellt von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
I have an ELGENA Type KB 3 boiler. At present, it is not heating the water. When first running the water tap, the water is luke-warm for a few seconds before turning cold. The switch has been in the ON position for over 30 minutes. There is a light on the boiler. The water flow rate seems normal. Power is supplied via the 240V hook-up. I would be grateful for any ideas.
Letzte Änderung: 30 Mai 2022 16:21 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net. Grund: Boiler model change

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Ursel
  • Ursels Avatar
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Club Joker City-Besitzerin seit September 2017
Mehr
30 Mai 2022 17:23 #9763 von Ursel
Ursel antwortete auf CJC Boiler
I recommend that you plan for a heating time at least for an hour, rather even longer. It takes so long for the 3l to really get hot. It consumes really much energy so it is only recommended when you have external electricity.
When we don't, we heat the water we need to do the dishes with gas.
Ursel 

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
30 Mai 2022 19:32 #9764 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
michaelcapstick@netscape.net antwortete auf CJC Boiler
Thanks Ursel, I can confirm that the electric model is 12V - 200W. I will try a longer heating duration as you suggest. Kind Regards, Michael

Mehr
31 Mai 2022 11:46 #9767 von 4x4tripping
4x4tripping antwortete auf CJC Boiler
If you run the boiler extended, for 2 hours at example (we often use always on, so we have no "exact" values) - you can get easily 6-7 liter hot water out of it.

Because the hot water has to get mixed and because the boiler is already hot. There is also a "3 stage" switch on the boiler itself, if I remember right. 

We have 390W Solar on the roof, so we had not to care about the power usage of the boiler.

trippin 

Rund um das Thema Weltreise(n) als Selbstfahrer:
EN vanlife.4x4tripping.com/ DE www.4x4tripping.com

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
31 Mai 2022 14:22 #9768 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
Thanks Trippin. From an energy balance, I calculated that based on 200W electrical heating at 100 percent heating efficiency, it will take 63 seconds to raise the temperature by one degree Celsius for the 3 litre capacity. The heating duration depends on the initial and desired final temperature. On the test I undertook this morning, I left the boiler on for 1.5 hours at the highest heating setting. It didn't reach set-point but the water temperature from the tap was too hot to touch. Kind Regards, Michael

Mehr
11 Aug 2022 13:33 - 11 Aug 2022 13:36 #10181 von Andy the Brit
Andy the Brit antwortete auf CJC Boiler
Hi Michael

I know this is an old thread and you've probably sorted this now, but there is a small dial on the side of the water heater that governs the temperature. Make sure this is set at maximum. I always found half an hour was enough for the water to be piping hot in my CJC, even when runiing on 12v.

Edit: ignore this, I hadn't seen your last post

Ich weiß, dass dies ein alter Thread ist und Sie ihn wahrscheinlich jetzt sortiert haben, aber an der Seite des Warmwasserbereiters befindet sich ein kleines Zifferblatt, das die Temperatur regelt. Stellen Sie sicher, dass dies auf Maximum eingestellt ist. Ich fand immer, dass eine halbe Stunde ausreichte, damit das Wasser in meinem CJC kochend heiß war, selbst wenn es mit 12 V betrieben wurde.

Edit: ignoriere das, ich hatte deinen letzten Beitrag nicht gesehen

Columbus 540d/Poptop/Winter pack/340W solar/100Ah LiFePo4 battery/3kW inverter/T’eyes CarPlay stereo with 360 cameras.
** Please note, I do not speak German so text is provided by Google Translate. My apologies if the results are inaccurate or confusing **
Letzte Änderung: 11 Aug 2022 13:36 von Andy the Brit.

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
24 Aug 2022 20:52 #10276 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
Thanks Andy the Brit. It's good to know there are other British CJC owners out there. I would be grateful for any other comments on my existing threads particular the one on sourcing solar panels in the UK.

Kind Regards,
Michael 

Mehr
27 Aug 2022 22:05 #10285 von Andy the Brit
Hi Michael, yes I had my CJC for 4.5 years and only ever saw one other in all that time! I don't have it any more though, changed to a Columbus 540D a year ago, but I still miss it.

I had a 250W panel from Photonics Universe on the CJC. They were recommended to me by another T6 owner and I was very happy with it, on my van for over 4 years and performed as well after that time as it did when new. I now have bigger ones from them on my Ducato. They've struggled for stock over the last couple of years, like most places, but the quality is faultless.
This is about the best photo I've got that shows the panel, to give you an idea how much of the roof it covers.

Columbus 540d/Poptop/Winter pack/340W solar/100Ah LiFePo4 battery/3kW inverter/T’eyes CarPlay stereo with 360 cameras.
** Please note, I do not speak German so text is provided by Google Translate. My apologies if the results are inaccurate or confusing **
Anhänge:

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mehr
31 Aug 2022 09:25 #10305 von michaelcapstick@netscape.net
Thanks Andy, very useful information. I will check out the lead provided. It looks very light, flexible and low weight. Did you get it installed professionally? Kind Regards, Michael 

Mehr
01 Sep 2022 19:26 - 01 Sep 2022 19:28 #10307 von Andy the Brit
No I installed it myself, a bit daunting at first but easier than I thought. They are very light and low profile and so easy to handle, the hardest part was getting the cable into the van. The panel is bonded to the roof with a series of longitudinal lines of adhesive and you do need to make sure you have it on straight as you only have 1-2 mins before it starts to set.
Unlike many other types of poptop (inc my current Columbus), it's best not to seal across the front of the panel as this is the lowest point when camped, so water needs to be allowed to drain out.

I fitted the panels to the Columbus too, much easier the second time around!

Letzte Änderung: 01 Sep 2022 19:28 von Andy the Brit.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.353 Sekunden