file Frage Battery life cycle

Mehr
15 Feb 2021 16:03 #6806 von joseluis
Battery life cycle wurde erstellt von joseluis
Hi friends!

I have installed two Exide ES900 900Wh* 80Ah 12V, model Westfalia T5 Club Joker 2014.

My questions is regarding the durability of the battery, right now with refrigerator (level 3) plus calefaction (5 hours approximately) and some ligths, i can't pass two days without start the car. Do you think that i need to replace it? How much time is the life of these models?

What batteries do you carry? 

Thanks in advance!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Tom_B
  • Tom_Bs Avatar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • B-US...Club Joker HD, mit ein paar Dingens;)
Mehr
15 Feb 2021 21:55 #6812 von Tom_B
Tom_B antwortete auf Battery life cycle
Hello Joseluis,

i guess that's still the origin batteries because i have had 2x90Ah and togehter with heating in winter conditions even 24h wasn't feasible. Therefore an replacment might usefull however a huge improvement you will only reach by changing to LiFePO4 technology what i described here. www.westfalia-fan.de/forum/club-joker/47...ifepo4-bordbatterien

Best Regards,
Tom

Mehr
18 Feb 2021 08:33 - 18 Feb 2021 08:37 #6836 von joseluis
joseluis antwortete auf Battery life cycle
Thanks Tom,

I appreciate your answer, after reading a lot of information on the Internet, i think the only solution is to install solar panels, the problem in our van is that we only have one space for this purpouse, then i am looking for one panel with the most wattios as possible, maybe 180w. I live in Spain with a lot of solar hours, here everybody have panels.  

If this upgrade don't solve my situation, the next step is upgrade de batteries, but LifePo4 is to expensive compared with AGM.

Best regards.
Letzte Änderung: 18 Feb 2021 08:37 von joseluis.

• Tom_B
  • Tom_Bs Avatar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Mehr
18 Feb 2021 19:59 - 18 Feb 2021 20:00 #6841 von Tom_B
Tom_B antwortete auf Battery life cycle
Hello Joseluis,

sure, solar panels helps to improve, especialy if located in sunny Spain :-)
The available space for panels is limited. I don't believe that 180W is reachable with one panel. Between the skylights a 60W flexible panel or up to 100W fixed panel what goes from side to side is feasible. Before the first Skylight only a flexible panel is possible because of the roof shape. I personaly would avoid the combination of a flexible and fixed panel together. You find some usefull post about solar installations here as well.
For myself i installed a smal 60W flexible panel and i have a portable folded 100W panel in additon what i can easily plug in in using time. During summer months this works fine but by using also during winter conditions this doesn't help me, therefore i made the final step.

Greetings,
Tom

Letzte Änderung: 18 Feb 2021 20:00 von Tom_B.

• ChrisCJ
  • ChrisCJs Avatar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • ClubJoker HD 2016 4Motion und alles andere...
Mehr
19 Feb 2021 15:36 #6854 von ChrisCJ
ChrisCJ antwortete auf Battery life cycle
Hi Joseluis,

buying and installing solarpanels without replacing the 7year old batteries won't really help. 
1st step must be a replacement either with new AGM, less expensive, or LiFePo, real expensive.
2nd step might be an installation of a fixed solarpanel to ensure a steady loading of the (new) batteries, in my experience a fixed panel will help to expand the timeframe - assuming plenty of sunshine...
Please keep in mind that, as Tom_B pointed out, two panels on the roof are difficult to set up because of the possible installation options. You won't get one fixed and one flexibel panel with the same data (Voltage etc), therefore the solution wouldn't be very good, on top some part of it will mostly allways be in some shade. BTW, even if you install a fixed panel and get a "mobile" one, you can't just add up the max. Wh!
Basically, the CJ isn't the top choice to get something for a real long time with driving or a power-supply-line. 

Chris

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: joseluis

Mehr
22 Feb 2021 15:26 #6872 von joseluis
Dear Tom and Chris, 

Thanks for your replies, finally i decided to replace both batteries with AGM 100Ah, i hope that will be enough for three days without power-supply line or need to start the van.

I ask to my mechanical in order to install a fixed solar panel, the maximum size for this pourpose is 92 x 77 centimeters, we can install just 75W, something like this:

autosolar.es/panel-solar-12-voltios/pane...v-policristalino-shs

Is too much money for only 75w, i preffer to wait for new models with more wattios per centimeter.

Regards.

• ChrisCJ
  • ChrisCJs Avatar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • ClubJoker HD 2016 4Motion und alles andere...
Mehr
24 Feb 2021 17:24 #6899 von ChrisCJ
Hallo,

the AGM-batteries are a good decision, at least pricewise ;-) .

The solarpanel in your link is €64, go for it! I would have been happy to below €200 in 2018...  I don't think it will get cheaper, or with more watts and the same size. These small / odd sized panels are not so often on offer, because almost nobody - but us - does really need them. 
The solarpanel will help every day and for such a small bit of money, it's a good investment! Even if you might buy next year a 90Wh panel for the same price, in my opinion it's not worth the wait. 

Chris

• Tom_B
  • Tom_Bs Avatar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Mehr
24 Feb 2021 18:59 #6902 von Tom_B
I second this as even my smal 60W panel helps during stand time. Sure it depends on your usage profile. If you drive every day a certin distance a battery booster is the better choise (anyhow a good investment too) but if you have also days without movement a smal panel helps to charge the batteries. The installation is not that complex, you find my step by step instruction, including cable routing below the drivers seat, here in the forum. If you need help for understanding or translation feel free to ask for help.

Greetings,

Tom

Mehr
25 Feb 2021 16:27 - 25 Feb 2021 16:29 #6913 von BMAX
BMAX antwortete auf Battery life cycle
Hi,
i've installed a 130W Panel on the roof instead the much smaller one which I had before last year, works great with MPPT & B2B - but ist far more than around 60/70 bucks. I use it with 2x100AH LiFePo4 and a booster in addition. 4 nights / 5 days without mains in Winter (w. fridge+heating) is feaseable. Biggest problem: the fridge! In summer no prob at all... if I would run in to issues I would add a mobile solarsolution in addition (nowerdays uo to 200Wh possible).

Just my two cents,
Bijan
ex - [2013er CJHD, T5, 140PS, MT6, mad HD+B6-komfort, BFG A/T KO2 235/70R16, VCC 1212-30, 130Wh Solar, VE MPPT, 2x100Ah LiFePo4, FraRon WR12V/350Wrsinus]
Letzte Änderung: 25 Feb 2021 16:29 von BMAX.

Mehr
25 Feb 2021 18:04 #6915 von joseluis
Dear BMAX,

Please, could you show us your solar panel installation? As well as the url with all the information referring this panel.

I'm looking for a 160w panel for my van, but maybe 130w is a good option.

Thanks in advance.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.275 Sekunden